The analysis of trace elements in a high sample matrix needs a number of specific considerations. Clinical or environmental samples often contain a high level of salts and other dissolved solids that will affect the sensitivity of assays. SAS centres are equipped with a range of spectroscopic and mass spectrometric equipment to provide high quality analysis of more than 30 elements from a variety of sources that can be toxic. Dietary, environmental, pharmaceutical or industrial exposure can be implemented and results of trace metals are influenced by other diseases of major organs including intestine, liver and kidney.
- Birmingham University Hospital Trace Element Laboratory
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary Trace Element Laboratory
- Guildford RSCH Trace Element Laboratory
- Leeds General Infirmary Trace Element Laboratory
- London King’s College Hospital Trace Element Laboratory
- London Imperial Charing Cross Hospital Trace Element Laboratory
- Southampton University Hospital Trace Element Laboratory